Monday 20 October 2008

Sharepoint is popular - new evidence

OK, yes this is meant to be a bit 'tongue in cheek' but one of my Prescient colleagues is handing over responsibility for our news letters to someone else, so she ran up the stats on which of the articles on our site have been most popular; and low and behold first and third place go to MOSS articles, while 2nd is taken by one of Toby's articles on Web 2.0

So, how shocking, Intranet 2.0 / web 2.0 and Sharepoint are popular !

On thursday I am spending the day at an EMC Forum in Toronto. I have spoken at a couple of these events in the U.K. and look forward to being in the audience. I am sure I will be learning about the latest and greatest integrations between EMC's Documentum ECM system and MOSS (as all the big ECM vendors seem to have taken the 'if you can't beat it, join it' approach) but I am more looking forward to learning about CentreStage (and would love to see it pitched as a Sharepoint killer). Also Chuck Hollis who writes the superb 'A Journey in Social Media' blog on EMC's social media programme is the keynote speaker, so hopefully I will get at least a few seconds to chat to Chuck, mainly to say thanks for everything he puts out there for the rest of us via his blog.

No comments: